Wednesday, February 6, 2008

If I trusted the Universe, I'd say it was a good day!

Much to my surprise today has started off quite well for me. I woke up early instead of late. I saw a cute guy at my local Starbucks. When I got to work there was not only a bottle of wine from a friend, but a Hostess cupcake waiting for me. Now really, I don’t think it gets any better than wine and the sugary goodness that is a Hostess brand snack cake, so needless to say I was thrilled! Of course this means I am now waiting for something bad to happen since I don’t think I’m technically allowed to be, well, happy.

My biggest fear is that the something bad will involve a TiVo malfunction. Since I have no life, or more specifically since the life I have is filled with a job, grad school and internships which seem to get more miserable by the day, I take pleasure in the little things (drinking wine, spending money I don’t have, etc.) Right now Duke Basketball is one of those little things. And it’s not just because there’s nothing else on TV due to the writers’ strike. The Devils are playing really well right now, despite not having a true big man, and tonight is the first meeting of the year with UNC –one of the greatest rivalry games in all of sport—so I'm really looking forward to the game. Plus, I happen to think Greg Paulus is hot. Not hot in the way Alex O’Loughlin or George Clooney are hot (you know, actually GOOD looking), but hot nonetheless! I happen to have a thing for scrappy point guards from Duke and the way he's stepped up his play lately has been impressive. Anyway, the point is, I have class tonight and won’t be able to watch the game until I get home so I have to trust the Universe not to interfere with my TiVo Season Pass. And I don’t trust the Universe. Especially not after it has lulled me into a false sense of security with Hostess brand snacks and unexpected bottles of Pinot Noir.

Of course, if TiVo functions properly AND Duke wins, maybe I'll have to reconsider my trust issues.

2 comments:

Kate, Dating in LA said...

LOL!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for both the trust issues and the tivo!

Anonymous said...

Good ju-ju!!! Good ju-ju!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh....and exhale....Of course if the Universe DOES, in fact, ally itself with TIVo this evening - at least you wine & chocolatey goodness! But that won't be necessary - it'll be optional!