Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Money Can't Buy You Love, but it Can Buy You a Marc Jacobs Handbag

Finally! After much angst and introspection, I've finally come up with a name for this blog. A name that conveys my deepest feelings about where I am in life. And where I am in life is the fast lane on the road to ruin. Financial ruin mostly. The reason is simple. Life is just too short. Too short to drink cheap wine. Too short not to take that trip to Paris. Too short not to have a Marc Jacobs handbag.

I was once like you. Living for tomorrow. Worrying about the future. Then my rat bastard ex-boyfriend dumped me three weeks after my mom died. Yes, he waited an entire three weeks. Quite the charmer, huh? Well, I spent quite a bit of time in the self-help section. Overcoming Anger, Overcoming Fear, Overcoming Cheating Liars Who Lie and Then Want to Stay Friends. Then I realized I really needed to overcome self-help books. I achieved this with retail therapy. And vodka. I've been much happier ever since. Am I still bitter? Oh, hell yeah. The Universe clearly hates me! I'm stuck in a job I loathe and the ex still insists on being friends--whatever that means, but you know what? I'm going to Paris with my new Marc Jacobs bag next month and I expect to drink a lot of very expensive wine.

1 comment:

Kate, Dating in LA said...

3 weeks????? You're kidding me? Not only is that not a boyfriend move, but that's not a friend either. Next time he gives you the "but I want to be friends line" smack him and tell him he has a long way to go.

As for Paris-- to paraphrase Sabrina, "Paris is always a good idea"... and so is Marc Jacobs!