Monday, February 23, 2009

What About Helen?

So, it looks like the government is trying to bail out some of the people who are facing foreclosure. All I have to say to that is what about me? When do I get mine, Jack? It is absolutely absurd that I, like most of my friends, have been priced out of the housing market in Southern California because of the real estate bubble. Now my tax dollars are going to go toward helping people who created the bubble and artificially propping up over-inflated housing prices so that I will never be able to buy? How is that fair? Look, I don't want to see anyone lose their home, but why should I be punished for not acting foolishly? If I'd taken out a bad loan on a house I couldn't afford, would someone really bail me out? I seriously doubt it. WTF???

No comments: