Sunday, September 21, 2008

Penny Pinching

Since my financial situation is not as sound as it once was I've been looking for ways to cut expenses. One obvious choice is the morning coffee I generally pick up on the way to work. Now, I could save a ton of money by drinking the toxic sludge that passes for coffee at the office, but that seems a bit severe. Despite the fact that the office buys premium brand coffees something about the brewing method or equipment always results in something highly offensive. Since life is just too short to put up with something so foul, I decided to purchase a French Press coffee maker and brew my own. I have to say it is quite amazing. I've had French Press coffee in restaurants, but I've never made it at home before. It makes a really rich, delicious cup of coffee. Far superior to my old drip coffee maker. I feel great since I'll be able to save money while at the same time enjoying a really good cup of coffee on my way to work. This is key since the luxury of a cup of coffee on the way is one of the ways I bribe myself to actually get out of bed and into the shower every morning rather than just calling in sick and going back to sleep (which is always my first choice). Coffee and using the office outlet to charge my laptop are the main reasons I go. Technically this is probably stealing, but since they are sucking the life out of me little by little, I feel it's only fair I suck up a little free electricity. Plus, I'm saving literally pennies a month on my electric bill. I'll be a millionaire in no time!

No comments: